Just wanted to catch everyone up quickly. We had our 20 week appointment today, and Baby G. is looking great! He/she measures exactly where he/she should in weight, size, heart rate, etc. We got to see him/her moving again today at the 20 week ultrasound, and it was soooooo exciting! Baby wanted to sleep, so the ultrasound tech kept having to bounce her little probe on my belly to wake him/her up, and then he/she would start moving around again. We got a great look at the right hand at one point, and I have to give glory to our creator that a being who is only half-way through full term development could look so perfectly human!! We could clearly see every little finger and a tiny thumb! He/she was all curled up and it almost looked like he/she was trying to grab his/her toes! Too cute!! We told the tech that we didn't want to find out the sex today, and I was pleased that she just skipped that part of the exam so there is no danger of anyone slipping up and telling us. Part of me is just dying to know, but I think it will make birthday just that much more fun because we really don't know what he/she will be like! :)
I have also finally started feeling him/her move around (or at least started being able to distinguish that from other movements in my belly ;) It has been so exciting and comforting to finally start having continual reminders that everything is going well with this baby, and that, God-willing, we are really going to be parents in a few months!!
-+cropped.jpg)
-+cropped.jpg)
I'm including one ultrasound shot from today (check out the nose... we think it looks like mine ;) and two pictures of me today at 20 weeks so that those of you who are out of town (or out of country) can see how I'm growing! (I definitely like being behind the camera better than infront of it, but I decided to make the sacrifice for posterity sake. Haha!)
We continue to appreciate your prayers as we get closer to becoming a family of three! God bless!
Jim and Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment