I know... I know... I am WAY late posting these photos. But better late than never. I made a resolution this year to post on my photography blog at least once a week (twice if possible), so I've been focusing my attention there. Maybe next year my goal will be updating this blog more often... or maybe it'll be to stop being so perfectionistic an just post something so you don't think we fell off the planet while I'm working on creating perfectly organized, photo-sized, and well-written post. Haha! Such is my life!
Anyway... James' 1st birthday was in Tallahassee, and the theme was giraffe's. (His favorite stuffed animal is a wind-up giraffe that Jim's cousin gave him.) We asked everybody to dress in yellow and brown (giraffe colors) and my parents and Emily found a little giraffe figurine at the Tampa zoo to use as a cake topper (see below). Jim's and my parents were all there as well as my siblings (I still can't believe they all made it) and some friends from Tallahassee (basically the fellow church staff families). We had a great time, and James was so much fun with his cake. He started off timidly at first. When he first got the icing of his hand he held it up to Daddy as if to say, "Eww... please get that off, Dada." But after mommy broke open the cake and showed him how good it tasted, he was ready to dig in. He eventually had cake on both hands, all over his face, in his ears and on his shirt and pants. What sweet memories these photos will bring in the years to come.
Enjoy!
The Garrisons

This little guy is the reason for the theme!








Somehow I didn't get a front shot of Pa G. (on left)



Mommy helped show James how tasty his cake could be. (Side note: Fox, who is standing behind me and James was so excited about his party hat that he just had to wear it to church the next day... too cute!)

So that's how it got in his ear...


James shared with Nana and Grandmom too!


Daddy came up with his own way to wear the birthday hat!

James got to use his present from Pa G and Nana as soon as the party was over!
That boy has loved swinging since he was born!
ReplyDelete