Template

Monday, January 30, 2012

Spartanburg here we come!

Hey everyone,

I have taken a LONG break from here to focus on my photography blog. I thought it was probably about time I caught everyone up on our life. To start, we are expecting another addition to our family in June, and we find out what we are having next Monday (Feb 6). After Jim was transferred to Spartanburg, SC in June 2010, we have had our house in the market and have been living apart Mon-Fri most weeks, Jim in SC and James and I back in ATL. The night before I left for Nicaragua, Central America for my best friend's wedding we received an offer on our house. Jim and the buyers went back and forth for several days while I was in Nicarauga and finally settled on a price on Thurs Jan 19, the day before my birthday. What a wonderful present! We get to be together again!

Well... last Friday was the inspection and appraisal. We haven't heard back from either one yet, but we are trusting that this sell will work out, and we can finally have both feet in one state!

This week James and I are up in Spartanburg looking for somewhere to live. We could really use your prayers for this. We are hesitant to buy because we are still not sure exactly what area we want to live in yet, and rental houses have proven to be FEW and far between. We have only see one real possibility so far, and Jim is calling today to see if it is still available. Please pray for wisdom as we seek God's will for this next season of our lives.

I also have to share a cute story about James that I know you will all get a smile from. James is definitely getting close to the terrible two's and is showing signs of the extreme stubborness that comes with that age and with being part of the Garrison/Hall clan. He receives his fair share of "panks" every day, and has finally learned that when mommy counts to 3, he had better decide to mind before she gets to 3 or face the consequences. Today, I told him to stop doing something, and he got a surprised/excited look on his face and said, "1... 2... pank?" and used his finger to show how mommy counts. I had to quickly turn away to keep from laughing. Kids are so funny and graciously provide comic relief to life's challenging moments. :)

Love to you all,
Jim, Ally and James

No comments:

Post a Comment