Template

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Intoducing James Matthew Garrison!!!

Wow! I guess I forgot to post pictures on the blog when James was born. I was too busy with Facebook, email and oh yeah... taking care of a new baby!

Well, James will be 4 weeks old on Friday. I can't believe it's already been that long! Even with sleepless nights time is flying! Speaking of nights, James has done much better the last several nights. We've even gotten 3 hours of continuous sleep a few times... go James! haha! Who would have thought years ago that I'd think 3 hours in a row was a lot of sleep, but I guess things change when you have kids.
James is growing and growing... and getting to be a "gordito" with a second chin. :) He changes every day. Just in the last two days or so he has started actually focusing on you when you talk to him instead of just looking in your general direction. I can't wait to see him smile at me!
We had our first outing today to shop for his Easter outfit (don't know if his mommy will get a new one this year or not??) and things went well. I even fed him while we were out... talk about an ordeal! I guess that will get to be second nature in time. It's so different trying to feed a squirming baby while peaking at him under a nursing cover. It definitely adds a new level of difficultly, but I'm up for the challenge.

Well... I guess there's not much more to add right now. Oh, except that we started our adventure in cloth diapering yesterday, and so far so good. Of course I can say that when I haven't had to wash them yet... haha... wish us luck!

Below are several pictures birth up to now that I thought you would all enjoy seeing. I've taken a few "artistic" ones too to use for my portfolio, so I'll add those in another post.

Hope you are all enjoying this fabulous weather and that God will reveal himself in new and exciting ways to you this week as he is to me through motherhood.

Love to all,

Jim, Ally and James











2 comments:

  1. Look at all that hair! Zoey is terribly jealous...I can't wait to see y'all and meet the little man...he's such a cutie!
    Hang in there, and don't hesitate to call if you need me, or just want to talk...We love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is absolutely adorable - It was such a pleasure meeting him this week! You are doing an amazing job - I know it can be challenging sometimes - just keep doing what you are doing and it will get easier! You look amazing and I will be praying for you guys as you get to know your new little man!

    ReplyDelete