James turned 8 months on Tuesday! Wow! I am unceasingly amazed at how fast the time flies even when you try to slow it down by enjoying every moment and appreciating every stage that they grow through!
James is almost able to "officially" crawl on his hands an knees. He gets up on his knees and when he pushes up on his hands too and tries to move forward, he promptly topples to the side, but we know it won't be long now. Crawling or not, he is definitely not immobile! He can "army crawl" his way all over the place, and of course he manages to find the one or two things in every room (cords, paper, etc.) that he shouldn't play with and heads straight that way. haha! He keeps me on my toes and I can't imagine how crazy it will be when he can walk! Oh, boy, my days are about to get really... well... let's just say they won't be boring. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!
He still thinks he's big stuff picking up his cereal puffs off his high chair tray, but we've discovered that peas make him gag. Whether mashed and fed on a spoon or picked up by hand, he can't stand them! Haha! And mommy thought she might have a chance since she cooked them herself in some chicken broth to add flavor, but he wouldn't have any of it. Jim and I find it (probably a little too) funny to watch the faces he make when he eats them. Kind of reminds me of how I feel when a piece of squash or asparagus hits my tongue. Nasty!! On that note, James must be more Jim's son than mine (even if he does have my eyes) because he LOVED squash from the first bite! GROSS! James, what is wrong with you? I have to train you to like peaches but you like squash from the beginning? Guess maybe you'll be a wierd of the wierds afterall...(wink, wink Aunt Sara)
Well... I guess that's about all the James news I have to share. I know there aren't many photos this time, but it's been raining for the last 3-4 days, and I haven't been able to get outside to get his 8 month photos. I have super cute outfit for him to wear, and I'll put those up as soon as I get them done.
And of course I have to give a shout out to my Auburn Tigers! #1, baby!!!! Although honestly, I think I'd rather be #2 or #3 at this point in the season for fear of getting too big for our britches and losing to someone we should be able to beat like Old Miss or ...cough... Georgia. ;) Believe it or not I actually dreamed about the Old Miss game last night and we won! Maybe it's a good omen? Maybe not? Maybe you're already tired of reading about Auburn on here but... my blood runs orange and blue! So it probably won't stop as long as I have the chance to brag on them a little! (And as long as I'm the one writing the updates.) I was raised from early on to know that if someone understood the greeting "War Eagle" (and knew how to reply) they were a true member of the "Auburn family" and that "Roll T#@!" was a curse word never to be uttered... or typed. ;) My loyalty runs deep!
So WAR EAGLE! Go get 'em Tigers!
Jim, Ally & James
P.s. As a side note, if you get tired of reading all the detail I put into these posts, please feel free to just scan through the photos! I know that some of y'all really like getting the "juicy details" so I'll try to keep including those as often as I've got time.
ENJOY!
Last Friday, James and I headed back to the Stone Mountain pumpkin patch with James' friend Seth and his mommy, Patricia, to get some more pumpkin pictures.

This was so cute! Seth is 2 months younger than James and he was chillin', just watching James play with the pumpkins. (I'm not going to include any full-face pictures of Seth because I haven't asked his mom for permission yet.)

Most of the time, James was much more interested in eating the straw than playing with the pumpkins.

And this was mommy's solution. He wasn't too sure he liked his "cage" at first.
But then he started noticing all the cool orange "balls" all around him, and thought it wasn't too bad afterall.
He and Seth liked being able to play with the pumpkins together.
On Saturday, "Aunt" Jenn came over to watch Auburn defeat LSU with us!! Go (AUBURN) Tigers!! (James enjoyed using Daddy's hair as support while he practiced standing.)
.JPG)
After the game, Daddy watched James do one of his favorite activities... play with the remote.
After he dropped it, Jenn tried to give it back to him.
But something else caught his attention, and he crawled over to get it. (Oh drat, mommy saved her lens cap just in time!)
Here's a cute one of James and Daddy when we went to Stone Mountain last Sunday afternoon so that mommy could get family photos for Jim's Aunt and Uncle. (If you'd like to see some of those shots, click here.)
.JPG)
We had a blast... and yes, I do dress James in more than just his Auburn Jersey. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment