Template

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall swims, car trips and folding laundry

I'm on the ball with my post this week. :) Last Thursday, I snapped a few photos while James, Tania and I showed our rebellious side by swimming on the first official day of fall! (For those of you who might be worried that it was too cold for James... the water was only a little cooler than it's been all summer.)

Friday evening we drove to Spartanburg, SC to spend the weekend checking out the area and to start looking for neighborhoods where we might want to rent/buy. It was a very productive weekend. Jim's new boss and his wife spent most of their Saturday giving us a personal driving tour of Spartanburg and the surrounding area, which really helped us get a bettter feel for the area. After this trip, I feel much more at peace about the move. It's definitely different than what we're used to, so it may take some getting used to before it feels like home, but I reminded myself that Michigan was different at first too, and we ended meeting some of our best friends up there. So God has a plan for this season too.

In James' news, I forgot to share last time that he is officially sitting up on his own now! It happened all of a sudden. For the last month and a half, he's been getting stronger and stronger, and we'd noticed that he had decent stability front-to-back, but his lateral stability was a little shaky. Then I took him to his 6 month checkup (he was actually closer to 7 months then), and she asked me if he could sit on his own or if he still needed minimal support. I told her that he still needed very minimal support, and then when she was examining him, she let him sit alone for a few seconds just to see how he could do, and to my surprise, he sat steadily completely on his own! (I was thinking... "when did you learn to do that, James?"!! Haha!)

As of last Sunday, he's offically 7 months old, and I can hardly believe how fast the time is flying. People are already asking me when we'll be thinking about number 2! Oh dear! Let me have at least a year with my boy before I start thinking about another one!! Ultimately the timing is up to God.

Well... that's all for now folks. Enjoy the photos!

Jim, Ally & James

Sleeping in the car on the way to Spartanburg. He loves to sleep with his neck cocked like that. I would have the biggest crick in my neck!

Helping mommy fold the laundry.

1 comment:

  1. He's precious, and you guys are a precious family -- that's a beautiful, powerful thing in this world! :) Glad the visit went well and you have peace about the move -- been praying for your house.

    ReplyDelete